Latest News

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Food for thought: The Hedge Words We Use

What is a hedge word? It's a word or phrase that makes statements less forceful or assertive. Examples: I think, maybe, I could be wrong, etc.

With that in mind, read the following quote by Stanley Hauerwas, and comment below to let me know what you think about this issue.
----------------------------------------------------

Question from reporter:
How should Christians make their mark on society?

Answer by Stanley Hauerwas:
By telling the truth. I think that one of the problems has been that Christians have often accepted the speech habits that characterize general assumptions about America that have not done us any good in terms of how we should be witnessing to what we think is true. (For example, to say) I think Jesus is Lord, but that is just my personal opinion.

Above quote taken from Trinity Pastor. Note: I do not endorse any material on Trinity Pastor. I just pulled the quote to get opinions and give some food for thought.
----------------------------------------------------

Read more �

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags

Recent Post